Tuesday 22 January 2008

Glutton for punishment/things old

I believe that I may have done myself an njustice by watching the same film twice unawares of course.

"Philadelphia Story" and "High Society" are the films in question by the way.
I didn't realise they were the same film until I watched one after the other in daily succession.

You see I watched "Philadelphia Story" yesterday, it was over the top, funny and entertaining plus Katherine Hepburn's accent was ridiculous however the casts which included Cary Grant were good. I have just started to watch High Society when I noticed the striking similarity when the interviewers arrived to interview the bride, this led me to wiki the film and it was then I realised the error.

I was tempted to stop watching High Society however the difference between it and the other film is that it is a musical and has different actors (Grace Kelly, Bing Cosby, Frank Sinatra, Louis Amstrong, etc) therefore probably a different take on the original plus I have always wanted to see it as a child but always ended only seeing a snippet or so. So I guess to get closure I need to watch the film.

PS: High Society is turning out good so far, they are singing songs I know and like e.g. "True Love" and now I know where "Who wants to be a millionaire" got that phrase/saying from.

No comments: